The Airheads Beemer Club is a non-profit club reclaiming the 'Legendary Motorcycles of Germany'

Topic-icon 1977 R100RS

More
1 week 5 days ago #3209 by 14652
14652 replied the topic: 1977 R100RS
For sale? I thought you were looking to purchase? I'm confused. lol

Antny

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ridefast99
  • ridefast99's Avatar Topic Author
  • Toaster Level
  • Toaster Level
More
1 week 5 days ago #3212 by ridefast99
ridefast99 replied the topic: 1977 R100RS
Bought it this morning ....Nice bike as i stated in last posts.... I really wanted a R80GS....but did'nt want this creampuff to get away...If you see a nice bike like this BUY IT... other wise it will be gone within two hours....I cant believe this came together so fast....I will post this bike on the appropriate section of this site....Thanks for all the great info !!!!! ANY GS'S OUT THERE?????

ridefast99

More
1 week 5 days ago #3219 by thundermotive
thundermotive replied the topic: 1977 R100RS
@Antny That's a sharp looking RS. Is that Havana Gold? Do you know what years was it offered and on which models?

Brian

More
1 week 5 days ago #3221 by 14652
14652 replied the topic: 1977 R100RS
Thanks, Brian. No, it's Metallic Gold....one year only color in 1978. I asked Hans Muth why this color was allowed to be applied to his creation. He explained that BMW came to him and asked him to develop a new "eye grabbing" color for the '78 model year. He came up with this color and thought it would be a hit. Not so, it was a tough sell back in the day. So BMW discontinued it. Smart decision for the time. I like it today! Most were repainted in another color. He signed the fairing (inside on the black part) with a matching gold sharpie at the RS40 rally. So funny. The bike is still wearing it's original pre-recall front wheel. It has stupid-low miles and is as original as it gets.The turn signal beeper even works. I hardly ride it, it just sits in the basement these days. Wish I had more time to ride.

Antny

More
1 week 16 hours ago - 1 week 16 hours ago #3260 by 7915
7915 replied the topic: 1977 R100RS
I have a very good friend, who has made the decision to stop riding (in his 80's) and has a beautiful 77 RS (serial # is 1262) to which I have helped him do extensive work and know it is in EXCELLENT condition. He is selling his lift (Handy) and other parts and pieces. Wants to sell the entire package.

If you are interested ping me off list and I'll send his contact info.

Radar
Last Edit: 1 week 16 hours ago by 7915.

• ridefast99
  • ridefast99's Avatar Topic Author
  • Toaster Level
  • Toaster Level
More
1 week 15 hours ago #3261 by ridefast99
ridefast99 replied the topic: 1977 R100RS
Already bought thanks

ridefast99