The Airheads Beemer Club is a non-profit club reclaiming the 'Legendary Motorcycles of Germany'
× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

Topic-icon Topic Segregation

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #663 by Wobbly
Topic Segregation was created by Wobbly
In using the forum, I find that most people simply want help with their motorcycle repair issues. Under the current system they are left to choose one of 3 forums to post within. Since the various BMW models covered by "Airhead" are so similar it doesn't make sense to segregate by model. Maybe more definitive categories would be helpful.... like "Parts", "Engine", "Gearbox and Drive", "Electrical", "Wheels and Brakes", etc ??

This would definitely help interested parties do "Searches".

Just thinking out loud. B)

Don't hide 'em, Ride 'em !!
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Wobbly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #664 by 14652
Replied by 14652 on topic Topic Segregation
I would recommend just putting the info into the title of the post. For instance: "Question regarding my transmission"..... make sense?

Antny

More
2 years 2 months ago #666 by 8166
Replied by 8166 on topic Topic Segregation
In the good old days, back when the email based AirList was sponsored and managed by the ABC, moderators would cull like messages and create a technical article based on the topic that was then migrated to the technical area of the ABC web site. Rather than clutter up the technical topic of the forums up with many different subtopics, we'll pursue the same strategy here.

One change we are contemplating is merge the "My Airhead Needs Help" topic into the general technical discussion area, as posts there are often better addressed by those who frequent the technical discussions.

8166 Scot Marburger, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Check out the Yankee Hill AirTech Weekend, April 21-22, 2018

Moderators: 14652
Time to create page: 0.985 seconds